Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Sidecar not working since iPad OS 17 and Ventura latest update

I have been using Sidecar regularly with my iPad Pro as a second screen, connected to my MacBook Pro.

Since updating to iPad OS 17 and latest Ventura on my Intel MacBook Pro, I cannot use my iPad as a sidecar device. It is not detected in control centre. But I can see my other devices Eg Apple TV, my iMac.

I was able to mirror the iPad to my MacBook as it was detected in my iPad control centre screen mirroring widget. But not the other way around - iPad not found in MacBook screen mirroring widget.

I chatted with Apple support and they did a call back and the Apple consultant told me to hold (after doing a series of troubleshooting) then after 10 mins, the line got cut off and never called me back.

Did I just discover a new undocumented bug and they had nothing in their knowledge base?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 2:30 AM

yeah i've got the same - sonoma with ios 16 worked fine but since i've upgraded ipad to ios 17 i cant extend to my ipad wirelessly. I've restarted both devices and still not working. please help! wired connection is not ideal.

Similar questions

5 replies

Sidecar not working since iPad OS 17 and Ventura latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.