Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Protection on Back of New iPhone

I am sure I am being completely stupid but i have just set up my new blue iPhone 15 and the back of it is white. I assume there is some sort of protective layer on it but I can’t work out how to remove it. I am frightened of being too rough with it in case I damage it! Can anyone tell me how it is removed?

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2023 9:09 AM

I’m have the exact question! How is the blue so light that it is absolutely white?

32 replies

Jan 23, 2024 12:38 PM in response to A-roamer

Even i have tried to remove the white protective tape but it's not coming out and its totally white in colour and on the website, it showing proper blue color there is no difference in colours. Now physically only the camera box only seems blue and rest of the phone is white. better to get some bright colors which is available in lower models.

Now regretting buying phone without checking out in store.

Feb 28, 2024 1:46 PM in response to Lyssa

This is true. But when you think you’re getting a blue phone you don’t want to have hold it it a certain light to detect a hint of a blue shade. Even the “hint” of color is barely there. It’s like a blue silk flower that sat out in the sun all Summer. There is nothing pretty about these phones and I’ve had some issues with not being able to get back into apps because my passwords are gone. I can’t even get into my TMobile App. When you call them, you get an automated answer that tells you the wait time is about 30 minutes and you have the option to say you want them to call you back. They don’t call back. But that’s not an Apple issue. It’s just another aggrevation with this phone I wish I had not bought. I traded my 11 in for it. I have t sent it back yet. I wish I could return this one and reactivate my 11.

Feb 28, 2024 1:30 PM in response to Chuchuthomas

You would have still been disappointed because it’s white too. I ordered mine because they didn’t have the yellow in the store. I saw the blue and knew it really wasn’t blue . I saw a picture of the yellow. It really looked yellow. was excited about getting that pretty yellow phone. I was so disappointed to get a white one with a barely perceptible yellow “stain” around the camera lenses. And it’s not even a shiny finish. It’s a flat finish and the apple on it can barely be seen. Yep. This is very misleading advertising . I wanted a pretty iPhone and had ordered a clear case for it. Guess I’ll have to buy a pretty case. I’m stuck with it for now.

Protection on Back of New iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.