IPad glows in the middle of the night

For the description of what happens, read this.

TLDR: IPad randomly starts glowing in the middle of the night every 5-10 days, doesn’t turn off automatically, I need to get up. AND NO, NOTIFICATIONS ARE NOT CAUSING IT.

I really thought the hard restart and the new update would fix it but NOPE.

You guys really need a better bug reporting system because this is getting annoying.

Anyways this will be my finale post on this situation.

PLEASE, if anyone is having similar issues, TELL ME, THE MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE HAVING THIS THE HIGHER CHANCE IT GETS FIXED.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 17, 2024 6:07 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 3:05 AM in response to MrPigWig

First, perhaps understand the Apple Support Community is a user-to-user technical forum. Contributors here are all end-users, just like you. Other than the site Moderators, Apple neither monitor nor participate here.

As such, if you hope to reach Apple through these forums, you will be disappointed.

If you have a consistent issue that you cannot resolve, you would be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as they may wish to record and escalate as appropriate. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Apple also invite submission of comments and bug reports via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If submitting a Bug Report, ensure that you include details of your iPad model and installed version of iPadOS within the body-text of your report. Don't rely upon the pick-list - as this rarely includes the current versions.

May 17, 2024 11:45 PM in response to MrPigWig

If others are having this issue they would do best reporting it to Apple (not on this forum which is mostly users and not Apple employees). Have you actually had Apple or an authorized repair facility inspect your iPad to try and determine what may be causing this and any potential fix? I didn’t look at the link you posted because you said it’s describes what happens. Perhaps it addresses if you have had it checked out to rule out any parts failures or anything.

IPad glows in the middle of the night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.