Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Notifications

Is there any way to completely remove an app or website I allowed to use the Notifications in macOS (as listed under Settings > Notifications)?

Obviously I can change the alert style to "None" but I'd like to literally remove it from the list, and also remove specific websites I accidentally allowed to notify me.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 4:42 PM

You cannot remove it from the list; however, your screenshot shows that you still have some items checked. I went through every one of the apps showing there and not only chose "none", but UNticked every option underneath. Personally, I do not want those intrusions and it works!

This preference pane only works with apps, not websites. For those, you will need to go on the website and find an option to turn it off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 4:42 PM in response to rcosta887

You cannot remove it from the list; however, your screenshot shows that you still have some items checked. I went through every one of the apps showing there and not only chose "none", but UNticked every option underneath. Personally, I do not want those intrusions and it works!

This preference pane only works with apps, not websites. For those, you will need to go on the website and find an option to turn it off.

Removing Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.