Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Repair Center damaged my screen during a keyboard repair!

I had given my 2017 13" MacBook Pro (2 Thunderbolt 3 Ports) to an Apple Authorised Repair Center due to a nonfunctioning left Shift key. Being under an Extended Warranty Program (https://support.apple.com/en-in/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks) however, upon recieving my device from the Service Center (with a replaced top case) and bringing it home, I noticed damage/debris between the glass panel on my display and the LCD. This means that it is unremovable without taking the entire display apart. Even the job sheet I recieved from the Apple Service Center clearly states that there is no damage/debris on the screen before the top case replacement.

Upon speaking with the Repair Center, all they have tried to to is write it off as something that is not their issue stating and I quote

1. "The debris is visible on a white display, we never checked the display with a white background that's why its not on the job sheet"
  2. "We don't use MacBooks when they come in to service. Your laptop was just lying inside till the required part was ordered and when it came, we repaired it"
  3. "We can perform the display replacement for you at full charge" (a repair which costs more than half the retail price of the machine when I bought it.

I thought the best step would be to call Apple Support but since then, I have been referred from team to team, from AppleCare Advisors to Apple's Senior Escalation Team to Apple Customer Relations, None of whom have been able to provide me with any updates or final solutions for the past week. The only piece of advice I have been given is to leave my laptop with the Apple Repair Center where it has been for the past week.

How can I resolve this issue and who should I contact since Apple Support over the phone seems untrained to handle such a situation?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 10:44 AM

A Solution!

After Apple Support in India proved to be useless in the situation, expecting me to pay full price for an out of warranty screen service. I decided to call Apple Support in the United States via the Head Office in California.

An Advisor from Customer Relations answered my call and Ken helped me and spoke to the team at Apple and facilitated for authorities at Apple to appropriately examine the case and updated the case information to let the AASP in India know that the repair would be handled by and paid for by Apple.

It was shocking to see the difference in behaviour with Indian Support agents and Kenneth from Apple in California.

I am delighted to see that the rude Indian support team is not reflected by the company's HQ in San Jose.

Albeit a larger phone bill, I feel that Apple USA understood the situation and provided a solution that is appropriate to the issue at hand.

Thanks Apple!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 10:44 AM in response to raghav.kapur5

A Solution!

After Apple Support in India proved to be useless in the situation, expecting me to pay full price for an out of warranty screen service. I decided to call Apple Support in the United States via the Head Office in California.

An Advisor from Customer Relations answered my call and Ken helped me and spoke to the team at Apple and facilitated for authorities at Apple to appropriately examine the case and updated the case information to let the AASP in India know that the repair would be handled by and paid for by Apple.

It was shocking to see the difference in behaviour with Indian Support agents and Kenneth from Apple in California.

I am delighted to see that the rude Indian support team is not reflected by the company's HQ in San Jose.

Albeit a larger phone bill, I feel that Apple USA understood the situation and provided a solution that is appropriate to the issue at hand.

Thanks Apple!

Apple Repair Center damaged my screen during a keyboard repair!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.