Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2018 Macbook Pro Pink Boxes covering screen when lifted

Set my 2018 Macbook Pro down and closed the lid one night. Opened it up about 20 minutes later and the screen was covered in large vertical pink boxes. It would turn back to the normal screen if you closed it back down to about 1/8 inch, but pink again anywhere beyond that. So, obviously a lid connection issue. Had it in to an authorized Apple repair shop who said they had seen a few of those and they were all right around the 14 month mark. And..... that's right where mine is. He said it's about 50/50 getting Apple to authorize the repair as they aren't recognizing it as their fault. Problem is, how do you actually get in touch with an ACTUAL APPLE REP?

I see this has been addressed on here with no resolution, and I see quite a few outside of here with the same issue. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with 3 different work from home "Reps" who hung up on me when I demanded to speak to someone else who understood the issue rather reading from a script. One of them even claimed to have already fixed the laptop and actually sent me a bill for $870.00.

Why isn't Apple recognizing this as a faulty display or connection and doing something about it? Has anyone had luck getting them to make it right? I can see that if this was an old computer or if it was something I did, I would totally pay for it and kick myself for not having Apple Care, but come on. They are all breaking the exact same way at almost the exact same time in their lifetime.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:08 PM

the best you can do is take it in

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply

2018 Macbook Pro Pink Boxes covering screen when lifted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.