Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV+ app video flickers

Hi all,

While I launch any video at Apple TV+ app at MacBook Air 2019 13'(Catalina 10.15.1), video flickers or twinkles a little bit. This issue is only this app (the other ones or desktop are ok), I've tried to change video quality, on/off True Tone, change brightness settings, it doesn't help. Mac diagnostic revealed no issues. Is someone else with the same problem? Is is a bug of TV+ application?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:28 AM

If the screen flickers, then my initial thought would be an error with the graphics card, related to video playback, possibly in a software driver, or in the hardware. Hardware issues shouldn’t happen with a new machine, but warranty exists for a reason.

For confirmation, do try if you can invoke the symptoms in a different app that does video playback. I don’t think it is the app itself, as then it would happen to every user.

Also see

http://osxdaily.com/2019/01/16/screen-flicker-macbook-air-2018-workaround-fix/

See if it happens with “Automatically adjust brightness” off.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 7:28 AM in response to evgeniya_zagoruiko

If the screen flickers, then my initial thought would be an error with the graphics card, related to video playback, possibly in a software driver, or in the hardware. Hardware issues shouldn’t happen with a new machine, but warranty exists for a reason.

For confirmation, do try if you can invoke the symptoms in a different app that does video playback. I don’t think it is the app itself, as then it would happen to every user.

Also see

http://osxdaily.com/2019/01/16/screen-flicker-macbook-air-2018-workaround-fix/

See if it happens with “Automatically adjust brightness” off.

TV+ app video flickers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.