Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV app

I've got a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running Monterey.

When I run the TV app, and play video full screen, the screen noticeably dims when any non-video elements are displayed. For example, when closed-captioning is turned off, the video displays at normal brightness, but if CC is turned on, then the screen displays the normal brightness when no CC is on the screen, but any time CC is displayed, the whole screen dims.

The same thing happens when I pause the video or move the cursor (bringing up the TV player UI).

I've tried to take some screen shots, but the video comes out all black (while other elements like CC or "Skip Recap" show up over the black image).

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 3:42 PM

Hi davekimble,

We understand that when you have Apple Tv features enabled, your display brightness dims. Go to System Preferences > Displays > Display Settings > and turn off Auto Brightness. If the issue persists, come back to this preference and display True Tone. Test again.

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies

TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.