Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Share Notes Folder from my Macbook Pro

Hello, I am trying to share a folder from my Macbook Pro which is running High Sierra 10.13.6. I have no software updates available. I open my Notes, click on the folder I want to share, then click on the Share Link in the top right corner and it only allows me to share the note that opens when I select the folder. I have also tried to share the folder via the link in the top right that says add people to this note and neither of them give me the option to select "Folder".

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you...

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 8:03 AM

garmax wrote:

Hello, I am trying to share a folder from my Macbook Pro which is running High Sierra 10.13.6. I have no software updates available. I open my Notes, click on the folder I want to share, then click on the Share Link in the top right corner and it only allows me to share the note that opens when I select the folder. I have also tried to share the folder via the link in the top right that says add people to this note and neither of them give me the option to select "Folder".

Import your notes and files to the Notes app - Apple Support

Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac ...

About accounts and folders in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

Notes User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250675296

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 8:03 AM in response to garmax

garmax wrote:

Import your notes and files to the Notes app - Apple Support

Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac ...

About accounts and folders in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

Notes User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250675296

Feb 7, 2020 5:54 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hello,

I have looked at several of the links supplied above and none of them answer my issue. Under the link Add people to folder step 3 I do not have the option to Select the Folder Option.

Also, if I share the folder from my iPad or iPhone it removes it from my MBP and I try to get it back which I do but then as soon as I go to add another not it will make that new note disappear from my MBP but it will be on my iPad or my iPhone. I can't seem to get them to stay on my MBP. So I have to unshare the folder in order to add any new notes to the folder.

"Add people to a folder"

1. Go to your Folders list. 
  2. On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, swipe left over the folder you want to share. On a Mac, select the folder.
  3. Tap . On a Mac, select the Folder option in the menu that appears.
  4. Add who you want to share your folder with. Then choose how you'd like to share the invitation. On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the note will automatically send based on how you shared it. If you're on a Mac, you need to click Share.

Thanks for your help... I hope this all makes sense.

Feb 8, 2020 6:25 AM in response to BDAqua

I also just went to my iPad and shared the real estate folder and now it's gone from my folders in iCloud.com and can't seem to get it to reappear. I now signed out and back in and it's still not showing up on icloud.com but the folder and all the files are populating on my iPad, iPhone and on my MBP but the Real Estate folder still isn't showing up on iCloud.com.

Cannot Share Notes Folder from my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.