Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

override "App cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

Hello everyone

I'm attempting to install the intel distribution for python from these instructions: https://software.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/2020_Python_Release%20Notes%20Intel(R)%20Distribution%20for%20Python%20-%20Update%202.pdf

I run the command bash setup_intel_python.sh in Terminal and I get the error message: "App cannot opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware." I attempt to override this setting by selecting "Allow Anyway" in system preferences => security & privacy, and it seems to work. I open the file from Finder and am asked if I'm sure I want to open the app. However, when I run the terminal command again I get the same message preventing me from opening the app. Any idea why the override is unsuccessful?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 2:05 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

override "App cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.