Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swapping between AppleIDs to update apps

I have created 2 appleIDs, one for France and one for the UK. I was told this was the simplest way of keeping apps in different regions updated rather than have to cancel Apple Music etc each time. I need to upgrade a UK app so initially I logged out of App Store with my French ID and logged back in with my UK one. I went into the app, clicked upgrade (because it told me it needed upgrading) and it said I could'nt upgrade the app because it had been 'purchased' with another appleID (its a free app). When I tried it again, it said the developer had deleted the app (which isnt true!!). Does this mean I cant upgrade without having to cancel everything? Another thread said that you could change AppleIDs simply by going to Media and Purchases, clicking through, clicking the avatar and changing appledID there .... but I only have "Sign Out", Password Setting and View Account not anything else. HELP!! I really need to upgrade this app

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 6:51 AM

If it is a free app, you can delete the app, and then download it again. You may have to restart the device after deleting the app and then try to download the app.

Similar questions

1 reply

Swapping between AppleIDs to update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.