Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Replaced my Album Artwork!

How do I fix album artwork if iTunes randomly assign album art I never even bought to dozens of my songs? Different album art shows up on songs in the same album!

Also - I paid for CDs I loaded and ITunes replaced my recorded CDs with live/different versions of the same songs!!! WTH!

Its like Big Brother Apple is controlling my music library without my permission. Please HELP!

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 7:16 AM

I would hope you would know if you were paying for a subscription. iCloud is an umbrella term for a few services that are mainly free unless you add additional storage. It doesn't overlap with music features.

You can select the correct image for an album and copy it, then select all of the tracks, use cmd+i to Get Info, paste the image into the small box top left and click OK to embed the artwork into each track. I don't know how you'd resolve the issue with different versions of songs short of reripping the source CDs.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 7:16 AM in response to MamaGalen

I would hope you would know if you were paying for a subscription. iCloud is an umbrella term for a few services that are mainly free unless you add additional storage. It doesn't overlap with music features.

You can select the correct image for an album and copy it, then select all of the tracks, use cmd+i to Get Info, paste the image into the small box top left and click OK to embed the artwork into each track. I don't know how you'd resolve the issue with different versions of songs short of reripping the source CDs.

tt2

Mar 21, 2021 5:05 AM in response to MamaGalen

Do you have Apple Music or iTunes Match, and if so have you removed local copies of your tracks to free up space? While in general it works well iCloud Music Library cannot guarantee perfect matching which is why you shouldn't rely on it as an alternative to a backup, or as a way to move your content from one computer to another. Artwork shouldn't be randomly reassigned to existing local tracks, but again when you're using matched tracks in the cloud these may occasionally be mismatched.

tt2

ITunes Replaced my Album Artwork!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.