Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore not finishing

I recently bought a new iPhone, restored from back up but now the restore does not want to finish. This is preventing further backups being made. I am connected to wifi. The ‘Stop restore’ button is not working either so I cannot stop the restore either. Worried about backups not being done. Also cannot figure out why restoring does not finish. The updates are also being prevented.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:41 AM

Force restart your phone and then see if you can end the restore and start over again.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

You can also take a look at this.

If restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 20, 2022 10:47 PM in response to Demo

Unfortunately did not help. The phone started the restore and the phone is fully functional. But is says that the restore is not finished and therefore further backups are not being done. New software can also not be installed because the restore is not complete. I am connected to wifi and power. I tried rebooting the phone but did not help either. I cannot stop the restore. Why does the restore not finish?

Feb 21, 2022 5:22 AM in response to chriselda291

I can’t explain why the restore won’t finish. I’m not making light of the situation, but If the phone is functional, at least you can use it until you can get this resolved.

Assuming that you still have that backup from which you are trying to restore, you could try erasing the phone and then restore the backup again. I don’t like suggesting nuclear options, but sometimes those options are necessary.

Another option would be to contact Apple support and seek their help. There is a link in the upper right corner of this web page that you can use to contact Apple.

Restore not finishing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.