Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Filtering

Hello,

I have done a lot of research to find a solution to the problem of text message spam. I have read suggestions on blocking addresses, but they come from different addresses each time. My company, US Cellular, suggested turning off iMessage (though I don't remember why), but that didn't work. Since they come from email addresses, I took off the Apple ID that is my email address from the list to send and receive from, but that didn't work. I learned to make filters for "Known Senders" and "Unknown Senders" and that DOES work-those offensive text messages DO go into the "Unknown Senders" box. However, I am still notified with a sound that I have received a text message, so I look to see. At that point, the filtering accomplishes nothing.

So, IS there a way to silently send text messages from unknown senders to that box? Since I know that box is there, I can look at it when I want to, but being notified every time a text message goes in there really defeats the purpose.

Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 9:15 AM

Follow these helpful steps:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Notifications
  3. Tap Messages
  4. Tap Customize Notifications
  5. Tap to toggle off Unknown Senders

Similar questions

3 replies

Text Message Filtering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.