Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 Camera Blinking

iPhone 14 Pro

My front facing camera is blinking & will not take a photo

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 8:21 PM

This isn’t helpful, as the question wasn’t about the camera not working in general, but the camera blinking while trying to take a picture. So it is not possible to take a picture because the camera flickers on and off. This happens regardless of whether there are magnetic accessories near the phone, and it happens with both cameras.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 8:21 PM in response to racheals14

This isn’t helpful, as the question wasn’t about the camera not working in general, but the camera blinking while trying to take a picture. So it is not possible to take a picture because the camera flickers on and off. This happens regardless of whether there are magnetic accessories near the phone, and it happens with both cameras.

Apr 6, 2023 4:11 PM in response to jigneshpadhiyar9120

If hundreds of people are having this issue, Apple needs to address. Not us going in for a hardware issue to have a refurb given to us.

I have to restart my phone multiple times. I have also done full resets. The issue continues after awhile again. It’s clearly an Apple issue and they should be able to address with a software update or they recall them in my opinion. I haven’t even had mine for 6 months. It started a month after having it. Bought straight from Apple too.

Mar 26, 2023 5:13 PM in response to KellyCox

Unfortunately my camera Macro setting was set to on and I was still getting the “blinking” also tried switching live view off and on. This worked the first time but was not helpful on subsequent attempts. The only thing that works is to restart the phone which is very annoying. This is obviously a glitch that Apple has to fix and sooner rather than later.

Apr 6, 2023 5:30 PM in response to KellyCox

Thank you to everyone who has posted. I’m having the same issue! I’ve tried every fix mentioned here, and the only thing that works is to power it down…sometimes multiple times. I hope Apple has a fix coming soon. This prevented me from getting photos of my daughter’s school performance. Wondering if the iPhone 13 max or latest update is the “bad apple?”🤔

Jan 17, 2023 1:00 PM in response to KellyCox

Hello KellyCox,

The steps in If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working can resolve the most common issues with your iPhone camera.

1. "If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
  2. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch
  3. Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both isn’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button ."

If you continue to experience issues, you'll also want to ensure that there aren't accessories attached to your iPhone that could interfere with the camera. Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras has more information about this.

Still need assistance? Let us know more about the behavior you're experiencing with the front-facing camera. When you say it's "blinking" do you mean it's unable to focus, or something else?

Regards.

Apr 4, 2023 10:14 PM in response to KellyCox

If you're experiencing issues with your iPhone camera blinking...

Here are few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Restart iPhone - This can often solve many issues with your device, including problems with the camera.

• Reset all settings - This will reset all settings on your iPhone to their defaults, but won't erase any of your data.

• If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your device.

In that case, it's recommended to contact Apple support or bring your iPhone to an authorized service center for further assistance.

Mar 25, 2023 8:33 AM in response to KellyCox

Fixed~ flashing camera 14 PRO

I have dealt with my camera blinking for quite a while. I will tell you what worked for me to fix this and hopefully help others. Rebooting phone it eventually came back so I am assuming the last update might have turned the Macro setting to OFF

go to settings on your phone, > then to camera, > find Macro (mine was set to Off) and toggle this on/off. Once I set mine to ON it seemed to stop the flickering and appeared to stay at a steady camera with the ability to then take photos again. I hope this helps others!

iPhone 14 Camera Blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.