Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

13 and 14 Pro Max camera blinking or black screen

Hello all,

I’ve been having an issue with the camera app displaying a black screen or blinking and not allowing any image capturing. This is happening on my 13 Pro max and on my wife’s 14 Pro max. I’ve read the previous threads and it seems that Apple doesn’t have an official response.

We recently took a trip to Paris with our 1 yr old son and we’re extremely sad to miss some great shots/memories.

Im hoping to gather users’ support to pressure Apple to stand behind their product.

For any mods, please refrain from suggesting a reboot, or removing the case. A lot of forum users are tech savvy and or work in tech. It’s almost insulting that this is the “solution” that is always given.

Thank you,

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Darn it, I just missed capturing a precious moment because my IPhone 14 PM was blinking. No matter how many times I pressed the capture button nothing worked. I powered it off then on and now it seems to work again. Too bad the moment has passed, what a shame.

Hopefully 🙏 Apple will deem this worthy enough to look into and fix this horrible problem.

The camera is a big reason why I chose this phone.

Apple, come on and do your thing- fix this like the bad *** you are!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 8:27 AM in response to Psychlone1

Darn it, I just missed capturing a precious moment because my IPhone 14 PM was blinking. No matter how many times I pressed the capture button nothing worked. I powered it off then on and now it seems to work again. Too bad the moment has passed, what a shame.

Hopefully 🙏 Apple will deem this worthy enough to look into and fix this horrible problem.

The camera is a big reason why I chose this phone.

Apple, come on and do your thing- fix this like the bad *** you are!

13 and 14 Pro Max camera blinking or black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.