Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MLS Season Pass Streaming Quality

Anybody know why the pictures quality is so bad? I watched a game last night and it seemed pretty bad but I was thinking maybe it was just me. Then tonight’s game is on FS1 (non 4k YouTube TV) and obviously MLS season pass. The quality is way better on FS1 YouTube TV. Pretty disappointed overall in the quality of the games.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 5:18 PM

Yes! MLS season pass stream quality is a J O K E! I’m running 1G incredibly smooth internet speed and these Charlotte FC games are always glitching, audio off, blurry. What a waste of $80. #AppleTv is failing us!!!!!!

42 replies

Feb 28, 2023 10:24 AM in response to spizike9

Just watched content though the Apple TV app for the first time. The HD streaming/playback quality that I just witnessed was seriously subpar as compared to others. This has nothing to do with any internet speed or devices on my end or anything limited to SD. Tried it in multiple places. Hey Apple, you need to fix this STAT. You should be ashamed until you do. The compression is horrible/too high on the MLS content. Get on it!

Mar 14, 2023 2:13 PM in response to spizike9

I find the streaming quality of the MLS Season Pass is unacceptable in this day and age of clear quality sports video. It is grainy, sloppy and almost unwatchable; the ball cant be located when it is within the box, and individual players cant be recognized during the action. It goes back to the quality of sports on TV in the early 1960's - ugh. Even the video print is blurry and cant be read without glasses. I will not sign up again if this continues. Hay man, get it together, will ya.

Mar 26, 2023 3:10 AM in response to spizike9

I have been trying to watch MLS Recaps the past 4 games. It is nearly impossible to watch due to the horrible horrible quality of the streaming. It’s basically so bad like someone took a picture by picture and just sped it up half way. I mean I was going to buy MLS pass but with this quality that would be money thrown into the fire. This is absolutely ridiculous and sad how bad this quality is. I’m so disappointed with Apple. I watched last year on DAZN every game and recap and the quality was above 5 stars. I actually never thought that this day of technology that the quality could be so bad.

Mar 28, 2023 11:24 AM in response to spizike9

Really hoping for improvement on upcoming week 6 of MSL.

PROBLEM/QUESTION: Is there a solution for poor quality sports center reception?

I'm receiving live feed via wifi to a my flatscreen TV. Other content via wifi rarely has issues, none of them as atrocious as the feed of football games.

I bought an 64Gb Apple TV just to see these games. If it wasn't ready for prime time, and hasn't been fixed by week 5 of matches–perhaps they shouldn't have taken over the MSL games?

Comparing last Saturday's early game, which appeared on Fox Sports as well as on Apple TV, the images were worlds apart. The picture ramps down now & again to something on the order of 640x480 type of content displayed on higher res screen & balks/freezes sporadically.

I've checked with my ISP & they deny responsibility for the problem.

Made a call to Apple.

Apr 10, 2023 7:17 PM in response to spizike9

I'm trying to watch some games that I missed from this past weekends set of matches and the playback quality on the web browser is absolutely HORRIBLE, downright unwatchable. Apple and MLS should be ashamed of the level of video quality that they are pumping out in the year 2023. If it doesn't improve rapidly I will be cancelling my MLS Season Pass for sure.

May 6, 2023 6:11 PM in response to spizike9

Not only is the picture low quality, Apple TV keeps buffering so badly you can’t even watch the game. Problem is definitely an Apple TV problem because this doesn’t happen on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I get the same buffering issues watching Ted Lasso! Apple needs to fix this ASAP!! No fun to watch! I won’t buy next year either unless this is fixed!!

May 19, 2023 8:45 PM in response to BobbieMT

13 weeks later and I still can’t watch a game because of buffering, the only fix is switch to SD only mode which is absolutely atrocious to watch, it looks worse than 720p. Top that off with lack of unique content and a clunky UI and I will not be renewing.

By the looks of all these replies Apple has effectively sunk the MLS at its biggest opportunity to make it grow. Really disappointing

MLS Season Pass Streaming Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.