Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says I don't have enough space to update

I DO have space to run the update but it keeps telling me that I don’t have enough space

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 5:14 PM

Karibet Said:

"iPhone says I don't have enough space to update: I DO have space to run the update but it keeps telling me that I don’t have enough space"

-------

Thank you or the screenshot.

Clear Some Space...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 5:14 PM in response to Karibet

Karibet Said:

"iPhone says I don't have enough space to update: I DO have space to run the update but it keeps telling me that I don’t have enough space"

-------

Thank you or the screenshot.

Clear Some Space...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Apr 8, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Karibet

You are cutting it too close; the iOS needs space to run and you are updating your iCloud photos which requires resources (space). You need to maintain an absolute minimum of 3 - 5 GB of empty space at all times - that is what you have now. You need to delete some stuff;I'd guess about 10 GB which will give you room for the download but also create a bit more empty space for everything to run smoothly.

iPhone says I don't have enough space to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.