Problems with posting Replies to the Community comments

I asked a Q and got a Reply and tried to post a response and keep getting a message that too much time has gone past and needed to log in [but we’re talking about a minute or two and I’m still logged in but then I logged in again, picked up the draft and tried to post again — This happened on my Mini/Monterey but also just now on my iPad..

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 4:27 AM

It has been know to happen from time to time.

Even the Most Senior Contributors have experienced this issue including myself.

Try Clearing All History and Cookies in Safari

The try again and hopefully it will stop this annoyance

17 replies

Apr 19, 2023 6:20 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Victoria,

If the hosts are re/moving or editing a post that you are attempting a response, this can happen. There can also be a momentary network lapse somewhere between you and the Apple discussions server that can trigger this annoyance. And so can not posting a response in the allowed timeout window. Sometimes, you can click Cancel, and attempt another reply and it will offer to use the contents of your last failed attempt at posting.

And then, there is just an inexplicable trip into the Apple twilight zone where there is no explanation, and this has happened to all of us on multiple occasions.

Jul 25, 2023 9:18 AM in response to etresoft

etresoft wrote:

Don't try to click on that "Please log in again to restore your reply" link that you are offered. It won't work.

If this happens to me, I just clone or duplicate the tab....Click the "Reply" button to log back into the communities which many times will include a link to continue my previous reply from where I left off which most times will work. I always re-read the reply to make sure my most recent changes are still applied. An extra step, but tends to work unless the logout was due to a website issue.

Aug 14, 2023 2:11 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Although this thread is old, and the solution to this issue may have started to collect dust in your brains long ago, I just wanted to pop in and say that refreshing the page usually fixes this issue.

As etresoft said, the "Please log in again to restore your reply" button is useless, (as of about a week ago, that is.)

Enjoy your week!

Problems with posting Replies to the Community comments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.