Sound volume level changes by itself on macbook pro m1

Does anyone has his issue? The voice volume keeps changing either increase the volume or decrease by itself..

I can't use my Macbook pro m1 16 inch at night because of that.. it scares everyone in the room.. there is no Pacific time..

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 22, 2023 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 11:12 AM

I'm having this same issue. I added a test user account and the issue still occurs. Any other ideas?

Similar questions

8 replies

Jun 16, 2023 10:16 AM in response to WinsC1

Thank you for your help,

my issue is the volume goes up and down by itself. there is no specific time. while watching YT if I put the volume 30% for example. it turns to 60% all of sudden. sometimes when I turn it down at the same time turns up. so annoying. Help!!

the issue has nothing to do with macOS version.. coz I had this issue for quite some times.

Dec 29, 2023 6:15 AM in response to Zahradawood25

Solution for me!

Hi, Zahradawood25

I had the same issue, my headset was plugged in. (I even quit 3rd party apps but it didn't work) Then I moved the headset away which solved the issue. I tried this while I am reading this whole discussion. And right now it is not a problem for me.

I cannot find any problem on the headset. What is more annoying is that this headset of mine is not one of those normal cheap ones (like $1), but a 30-dollar gaming KAKUSIGA headset. Additionally, I am using an adapter wire, which was not included with the headset, to unify microphone and speaker wires to plug them into one single port on my Macbook Pro 15.

[Edit]

I tried restarting the device, which helped me. There is no this kind of problem now.

May 23, 2023 3:49 PM in response to Zahradawood25

Hey Zahradawood25,

We'd recommend reviewing this article for options on adjusting volume on your Mac: Turn your Mac volume up or down - Apple Support

1. "To change the volume on your Mac, click the Sound control  in the menu bar or Control Center, then drag the slider to adjust the volume (or use the Control Strip).
  2. If the Sound control isn’t in the menu bar, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Control Center  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Click the pop-up menu next to Sound on the right, then choose whether to show Sound in the menu bar all the time or only when it’s active."

If that doesn't help, you may want to provide additional information about the situation.

When you say voice volume, are you referring to volume coming from a specific app? If so, which app?

Thanks!

Jun 16, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Zahradawood25

Hey Zahradawood25,

Thanks for that additional information. Because of the nature of this, it could be an issue with settings or software interfering on the Mac. We'd recommend setting up a new user account on the Mac for testing purposes, as this can help isolate if this is the cause of the issue. The steps to do this are under "add account" here: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support. If it doesn't happen in the test user account, it will let us know that issue could be caused by a third-party program or certain settings on the main user account. 

Keep us updated!

Sound volume level changes by itself on macbook pro m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.