Can't send from custom domain email

I have an iCloud account with the primary email from GMail. I've registered an iCloud email address with it, but it's new. I've added a custom domain and am able to receive mails on the registered custom domain addresses. I can't see either of them in the "from" field when sending mail.

This is on both my MacBook M1 Pro Ventura 13.4 and my iPhone. Will try my iPad next.

I've waited a day and no change. My next guess is to change my Apple ID email address to the iCloud address above, but don't want to unless it's the reason why I can't do the above.

This is the same as experienced here, except my Mac is already updated:

Custom email domain: email not available … - Apple Community

Any ideas? Thank you!

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 5:31 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 10:23 AM in response to _richard__

Same thing happened to me. I registered a custom domain with iCloud+

• MacOS Mail - Send/receive worked fine
  • iOS Mail - It was receiving mail to the custom domain in iOS Mail just fine. When drafting mail in iOS, my choices in the From address pulldown were only my iCloud.com and me.com addresses, the pull down menu did not include the email address from my custom domain added a week ago to iCloud+.

On the iPhone, I temporarily turned off iCloud mail for a minute and then back on, voila!

Settings -> AppleID -> iCloud+ -> iCloud Mail -> Use on this iPhone

Can't send from custom domain email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.