Why Apple weather app is inaccurate

The Apple weather app give a wrong and inaccurate information about the weather in my city. So I have to use a 3rd party app to get a right information. Hopefully the Apple company know about it and fix it in a next updates!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 1:30 PM

Yes, the Weather app is now entirely useless in obtaining a forecast. It can tell me what’s happening at the moment, but I can look out my window and see that. It will say it’s going to be sunny tomorrow when all of the other weather apps and our local TV news weather says it’s going to snow. Needless to say, it will snow. I’m now using The Weather Channel app, Yahoo Weather or Weather Bug. They all seem to give similar and more accurate forecasts. I’ve reported the issue to Apple but I’ve found them to be very unresponsive in the past.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2023 1:30 PM in response to farbodeg

Yes, the Weather app is now entirely useless in obtaining a forecast. It can tell me what’s happening at the moment, but I can look out my window and see that. It will say it’s going to be sunny tomorrow when all of the other weather apps and our local TV news weather says it’s going to snow. Needless to say, it will snow. I’m now using The Weather Channel app, Yahoo Weather or Weather Bug. They all seem to give similar and more accurate forecasts. I’ve reported the issue to Apple but I’ve found them to be very unresponsive in the past.

Jun 18, 2023 4:13 PM in response to farbodeg

farbodeg wrote:

The Apple weather app give a wrong and inaccurate information about the weather in my city. So I have to use a 3rd party app to get a right information. Hopefully the Apple company know about it and fix it in a next updates!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

I would use what works.

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.5

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Why Apple weather app is inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.