Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Iphone files app, "connect to server" error - "RPC struct is bad"

Iphone files app, "connect to server" error - "RPC struct is bad”

**not my words, original question from tahirkaloo sorry about the misspelling *****

I have a solution

I am trying to connect my iPhone with my windows 11 through the files app using the "connect to server" option. First, it did connect 2 times, but then by mistake, I ejected it from the Files app. And now I am trying to connect again but every time I am getting an error "The operation couldn't be completed. RPC struct is bad". It is connecting to a different laptop using the same network, but not to my personal laptop which I want it to. I am on ios 15.4.1 and windows 11. I am using Malwarebytes also. I did reset the network adapter and firewall setting also. But nothing works. I have enabled file sharing for both public and private networks. I have removed password protection also. and I am trying to connect using the guest option. But nothing is working. And I didn't find any related article on google. Please help me here. Thanks

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 6:48 PM

Had to open a new conversion because I couldn’t reply to the previous one. Instead of choosing the guest option when connecting to the PC in the files app server connection, use the username option and type in the credentials of the user who owns the folder on the computer. This is most likely the administrator. The credentials is the Microsoft account email and password that was used to set up the computer @tahirkaloo

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 6:48 PM in response to ZhaRu2U

Had to open a new conversion because I couldn’t reply to the previous one. Instead of choosing the guest option when connecting to the PC in the files app server connection, use the username option and type in the credentials of the user who owns the folder on the computer. This is most likely the administrator. The credentials is the Microsoft account email and password that was used to set up the computer @tahirkaloo

Iphone files app, "connect to server" error - "RPC struct is bad"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.