iCloud Email Alias can only Send, Received Messages Bounce Back to Sender

I created an email alias in iCloud mail (webmail) and can successfully send messages from it within iCloud mail. However, all replies sent to it are returned to the sender as undeliverable. Everything I've read here indicates they should be able to send and receive, why is it that this one cannot get messages? Is there a setting I'm unaware of that I need to check so that the alias is not limited to send only?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 5:32 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 7, 2023 12:25 PM in response to schicksal

I have contacted them in the meantime. The level 2 support suspected that the problem was caused by the fact that I created the aliases via the iCloud settings on the iPhone and not on icloud.com. According to the instructions she received, it should only work on icloud.com. However, she wasn't sure whether the instructions might not have been updated after the update to 17.

Her suggestion was to delete one alias as a test and create another via icloud.com. Since the alias worked for me the next day, I didn't have to try her suggested solution.

iCloud Email Alias can only Send, Received Messages Bounce Back to Sender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.