Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Annoying CarPlay screenshots

My truck is my office for most of the day and I like everything about CarPlay except the annoying extra screenshot it takes when you capture your screen. I use screenshot multiple times a day to communicate and it’s very annoying to have to delete all the pictures. How do you turn this off

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 6:34 PM

Expected behavior but a terrible idea that 99% plus of people never use and don’t want. It’s very annoying to have to delete the screenshot or unplug every time you want to take a screenshot.

7 replies

Sep 25, 2023 12:36 PM in response to Jfallin12

Hello Jfallin12,

This explains the screenshot steps for an iPhone: Take a screenshot on your iPhone

It sounds like you may have feedback about taking screenshots on an iPhone. If that's the case, we'd encourage you to provide that here: Product Feedback - Apple

Apple reviews all feedback, but you may not hear back on any given. Apple does not request unsolicited ideas.

In case you have a different issue, please reply back providing us with more information. The more we can understand, the better we can assist.

We hope this helps out.

Take care.

Sep 26, 2023 10:36 AM in response to Jfallin12

Hey amasteboard,

Actually, this is expected behavior. When your iPhone is connected to your vehicle via CarPlay, taking a screenshot will take a photo of your iPhone screen AND the stereo display. The only remedy is to disconnect your iPhone from CarPlay first.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

Annoying CarPlay screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.