Alarm sound reset when setting with Siri

One thing I've noticed with the new IOS 17 is that Siri is unable to use my normal sound for the timer it sets. I say "Siri set a x minute timer". Siri then proceeds to set the alarm with the sound radial instead of my preferred sound. Is there a way to fix this to make Siri default to my preferred sound?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2024 9:21 AM

Same problem here! When I ask Siri to set the alarm - she uses RADIAL - NOT the one I selected! I slept through HER alarm - because it's not loud enough!

PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH! When siri sets the alarm or I do.... it should be the same sound - the one the user selected!

7 replies

Oct 4, 2023 6:51 AM in response to SameerColbert

Hi SameerColbert,

You can change the timer sound by opening the Clock app and tapping the Timer icon at the bottom. From there, tap "When Timer Ends" and select your preferred sound, then tap "Set". After you've made the selection, test it by asking Siri to set a timer to see if it plays the sound you've selected.

If the issue continues, restart your iPhone. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. It's also a good idea to make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS 17, since this can help with overall performance: Update your iPhone or iPad

If an update is available, be sure to create a backup before installing it.

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

You mentioned that when you ask Siri to set a time, "Siri proceeds to set the alarm". If Siri isn't recognizing your requests accurately, there are some additional steps that may be helpful here: If Siri isn't working on your iPhone

Regards.

Alarm sound reset when setting with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.