Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro Stops Recording Video Around 30 minutes

When I am recording a video, my iPhone 15 pro will randomly stop recording. It seems to stop around the 30 minute mark. I don’t know if it shows a message because I record art demonstrations so the phone is up above my head. I have plenty of available storage, I have turned off ProRes, and it does not get hot.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 15, 2023 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 8:36 AM

my iPhone 15 Pro does the same, but at random intervals. Sometimes it’s 3 minutes, sometimes it cuts out at 15 mins.

I have plenty of storage space and nearly no additional apps installed.

This is extremely annoying for such a product, and none of the steps above helped .

39 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2023 8:36 AM in response to alymal

my iPhone 15 Pro does the same, but at random intervals. Sometimes it’s 3 minutes, sometimes it cuts out at 15 mins.

I have plenty of storage space and nearly no additional apps installed.

This is extremely annoying for such a product, and none of the steps above helped .

Jan 22, 2024 5:59 PM in response to alymal

I record basketball games every week , mine also stops at random intervals, it happens so often that it is extremely annoying and sometimes I would lose important footages because camera would freeze for 5-10 sec before you can start recording a new video. Already tried all the resetting and restarting but did not solve the issue. Apple needs to fix this !

Feb 17, 2024 1:57 PM in response to alymal

Update: I recorded 3 videos today of my daughter’s volleyball roughly 55 minutes each with no issue. I took a ton of steps and I’ll start to introduce them back to see if I can find a common factor or if it’s just software.

Second thing I did was used a non MagSafe case. Third thing was turned off cellular, turned off blue tooth and WiFi and put my phone in do not disturb mode. FINGERS CROSSED.

[Edited by Moderator]

Feb 5, 2024 6:37 AM in response to plumber4549

Same here in the UK. Purchased iPhone 15 Pro in November 23 with 256gb of data, specifically for the purpose of recording on demand fitness content. Phone will randomly stop recording on all variations of resolutions and frame rates. Sometimes after two to three minutes, sometimes ten, sometimes it will be fine for 20+ minutes. I'm getting really fed up of having to re-record content because it's stopped the first or second time around. I have plenty of storage and the phone is not overheating. It's been returned for a repair via John Lewis' appointed Apple people once already (just over 10 days ago) and they returned it saying they could not find any fault, yet on starting it up again - problems still happening. I now have several video recording to prove it happening. Updates, factory resets, reinstalling from fresh - not one of those steps has made any difference. I'm being told to return it again for a "repair". It's really unacceptable for such an expensive phone.

Feb 12, 2024 7:38 AM in response to taylorrobertsguitarist

Same - I purchased this specifically as an investment for content creation and I now have no trust in the reliabilty of the device for capturing my stuff. It's beyond frustating to go all out doing a fantastic take of a piece of choreo to find that it stopped 3/4 the way through! I thought I'd solved the problem as I'd noticed that the last time it did it, whilst Airplane was enabled, WiFi was still active too. So next time I made sure absolutely everything was off (no wifi, mobile data, no bluetooth, DND on and also setting my screen to never autolock) hey presto it was fine for 2 occasions recording a whole hour (sadly not important stuff as it was a test) but today - with the important stuff, stopped after 11 minutes and then 41 minutes for NO reason. This is beyond annoying.

Feb 14, 2024 9:08 AM in response to alymal

Update 3, so after much experimentation today, it's behaved worse than ever - 7ish minutes, 17ish minutes 2 ishminutes. I've captured it in the act using another iPhone! And it's interesting to see what it does... initially the moving image will freeze but the seconds count carries on for another 4 or 5 seconds before it does the usual stop sound it would make if you touched the stop button yourself. There's no argument that this is happening now. I have video proof. Now I'm struggling with the retailer who are being very obstructive about allowing me to send them the footage - will only accept a static photo of low MB as evidence. How I'm supposed to show a live action fault occuring with a photo is beyond me. Next step is my credit card company.

Mar 3, 2024 2:35 PM in response to alymal

I’m so sick and tired of this iPhone 15 pro that I bought in October and I’ve had this issue ever since! My phone freezes right away when I start recording. The image freezes for 5 seconds and then it just stops recording. You can hear the noises at the background but the video is just a frozen image. Now last week it has started to do it in the middle of the videos too and very random times! After 30 seconds, 1 minute, sometimes after multiple minutes. This happens nearly EVERY DAY, but not on every video. Content creating is my job and I’ve lost so many once in a lifetime shots! I’m FURIOUS. I paid 1800 EUROS for this. I don’t want to buy a new one and be stuck with two phones that are useless!

iPhone 15 Pro Stops Recording Video Around 30 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.