Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacOS cannot find Notes -- share the folder function

In Apple support tips, it says that you should be able to share an entire folder of Notes app, by clicking on the folder and choosing "share". (Share notes and folders on Mac - Apple Support)

However, as others have reported here, I cannot find the "share" option when opening this menu, and there don't seem to be other ways to do this. (screenshot attached)

Is there a some function that has gone missing, or no longer maintained by Apple? Has this issue been fixed or raised to anyone's attention?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.3

Posted on Mar 19, 2024 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:44 AM

To address this, you can try updating to the latest macOS version to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, consider providing feedback to Apple through the Feedback Assistant app or contacting Apple Support for further assistance.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 1, 2024 10:05 AM in response to kuenley192

kuenley192 wrote:

In Apple support tips, it says that you should be able to share an entire folder of Notes app, by clicking on the folder and choosing "share". (Share notes and folders on Mac - Apple Support)

However, as others have reported here, I cannot find the "share" option when opening this menu, and there don't seem to be other ways to do this. (screenshot attached)

Is there a some function that has gone missing, or no longer maintained by Apple? Has this issue been fixed or raised to anyone's attention?

I just tested it. You can't share the top-level folder of all of your notes. However, you can share a folder that you create.

MacOS cannot find Notes -- share the folder function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.