Apple TV app was deleted from Vizio TV by default

I downloaded Apple TV to all of my Vizio tv’s in the house.

it has been done for over 2yrs maybe. Today my son tried to watch his show and kept clicking the app. After clocking it it would knock him back to the main screen. We shut off the tv and turned it back on a few minutes later and the Apple TV app was completely gone.

Now he has to watch his shows on apply in my bedroom being its only on my Vizio or his sisters now.

why is it off his Vizio tv and why can’t we find it anymore in the App Store. His tv is the same exact model as mine and my daughters.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MTKE_D40f-J09,

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 2:20 PM

6 replies

Apr 1, 2024 4:11 PM in response to kiki299

Unfortunately I have no explanation why you are able to view Apple TV on your Vizio, but your son's same Vizio TV does not have the option to download it from their store. I would recommend restoring your son's TV to factory settings, then try to download the Apple TV app again.

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/How-to-Reset-your-VIZIO-SmartCast-TV?language=en_US

Apr 1, 2024 2:52 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Appreciate the reply but that’s actually not correct.

I downloaded it from the App Store on all my tv’s my self it was NOT pre loaded and can be found in the App Store.

when buying the Vizio only the free tv app, hulu & I heart were pre-loaded on to it.

Just today today I uninstalled it and redownloaded it without an issue on my bedroom.

It’s just not working on my sons tv

Apple TV app was deleted from Vizio TV by default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.