Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

IOS 17.4.1 causes Ipad Pro to turn off randomly

I have reset my Ipad Pro to factory settings but the turning off issue inluding a horrible boot loop continues. It seems this update has caused many issues with the Ipad and the Iphone. Tonight I have restored my Ipad using Itunes on my PC. I am hoping Apple will have come up with a few changes in this problem update.

Update..................After a software update from Itunes the Ipad is still the same .........randomly switching off and entering a boot loop. Please help

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 2:26 PM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2024 1:41 AM in response to Ferodo14

First, you need to understand the Apple Support Community is a user-to-user technical forum. Contributors here are all end-users, just like you. Other than the site Moderators, Apple neither monitor nor participate here.

As for when Apple is likely to release a new iPadOS update is anyone's guess - but for the current major version, you might reasonably anticipate a point-update within a few months. Until released, nobody will have any idea regarding fixes, security patches or additional features.

Apr 15, 2024 2:42 PM in response to Ferodo14

Given everything tried to date, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to offer assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 15, 2024 2:55 PM in response to Ferodo14

Rolling-back to an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS is not possible.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed.

Apr 22, 2024 10:48 PM in response to Ferodo14

Mine did exactly the same as yours. I rebooted as you did through iTunes only to get stuck in a boot loop when trying to upgrade again. When I took it to Apple, they said the face ID sensor had failed along with another (the front camera I believe) and that a software upgrade can cause hardware issues. They said it's five years old (so not covered by warranty) and I'd need to pay $850 for a replacement as they don't fix this model if it has two or more failures. 🙄

IOS 17.4.1 causes Ipad Pro to turn off randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.