Iphone 11 IOS17.4 constant alerts when battery 100%

Since the last IOS update (17.4) my phone now constantly chimes and flashes "battery 100% charged" at 4am every morning. I cannot find how to turn this off. This continues repeatedly every 20 seconds until I remove the phone from charge. I have changed to optimised charging in settings which delays the process but I am still awoken by a flashing phone chiming 100% charged which I have not requested! Does anyone know how to turn this off or reset back to the older IOS?

Posted on Apr 17, 2024 12:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2024 12:31 AM in response to GrahamWeatherly

Do you have any third-party app for battery charge notification installed?

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications, the best course of action is to directly contact the app developer for further assistance. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

1. Identify the app developer.
  2. Visit their website or app store listing.
  3. Look for their contact information or support channels.
  4. Clearly describe the issue you are facing.
  5. Provide any necessary information they may need.
  6. Follow their instructions and provide feedback.
  7. Be patient and follow up if needed.

By reaching out to the app developer, you increase your chances of receiving accurate and personalized support for the challenges you're experiencing. To contact an App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Apr 17, 2024 12:31 AM in response to GrahamWeatherly

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Apr 18, 2024 12:21 AM in response to SravanKrA

I have not installed any third party apps for charge notification. It appears to be a feature that has come with the recent update to IOS 17.4 (now 17.4.1). There is nothing to show the presence of any third party software and what I get is the standard iphone home screen with 100% charged flashing repeatedly until I remove the phone from charge. Unfortunately it is not possible to screenshot this phenomenon.

Iphone 11 IOS17.4 constant alerts when battery 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.