Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iPad have a virus or bug?

Last night, I was using Facebook App for iPhone. I must have accidentally clicked youtube.com link on my friends page

and next thing I know it goes to Youtube via Safari. So I get out of that and go back to Facebook App. Same thing over and over. Stops and the does it agian. What do I need to do to make my iPad act normal again? Any help or advice is appreciated. 🙂

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 5:07 PM

10 replies

Sep 28, 2011 5:10 PM in response to RiLab

No, your iPad does not have a virus. There aren't any viruses for the iPad.

Sounds like the Facebook app is stuck on that one redirect page. Turning your iPad off, then on again, should fix that issue.

You could alternatively double-tap the Home button, then tap-and-hold on the Facebook icon until it gives you an X to kill the app. Then try again.

Hope that helps!

Sep 29, 2011 10:24 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I have the exact same problem started yesterday. I already cleared all history,cache, cookies, restarted, un installed app, re installed app, then checked all setting in facebook, same problem. If someone in my friend list posted a video, I am immediately redirected to a safari window that opens YouTube. Happens if I open status window, and if I try to view a friends page.

Must be some type of Facebook virus. It does not occur on any other device or computer when viewing Facebook.

Anyone know how to fix?

Sep 29, 2011 11:10 AM in response to chris193

You stated; "Bug = Virus"

Maybe in your opinion that is true but not in the opinion of anyone I have been associated with in IT for the last forty years it certainly is NOT true.

A bug is defined as a software flaw which cause software to function incorrectly. Bugs are in the code when it is written.

Virus on the other hand are self replicating code that is capable of infecting other computers. So a virus is code that is not included in the orignal program.

From what I have seen on the FB forum, if they are not aware of this problem, they must have their heads buried very deep in the sand. FB isn't known to respond very quickly to problems.

Allan

Does my iPad have a virus or bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.