Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

call history

how do you view call history longer than a week old?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 2:15 PM

51 replies

Jan 21, 2017 11:38 AM in response to Builder1

I have been using premium android phones for quite some time and reluctantly shifted to iPhone as a second phone.

Now using both my iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy S6. After using both for sometimes now I can say one thing iPhone is a **** awesome phone. No lagging, no heating issue, camera is basic not bad, batterie for a 1900 mAH it beats my S6 with quite higher capacity. Everything is good.

But if you want to have phone for official use, I wouldn't recommend iPhone three basic issues I faced 1. That nonsense 100mb limit 2. 100 call logs 3. Everything is paid

Many will say 3. is no point, but so many free apps are available for me in Google Play it helps me a lot

Jan 21, 2017 11:44 AM in response to MeBJ

MeBJ wrote:

But if you want to have phone for official use, I wouldn't recommend iPhone three basic issues I faced 1. That nonsense 100mb limit 2. 100 call logs 3. Everything is paid

On the other hand, many people find that the superior security of both the iPhone and the App Store makes it a better choice for business. Different people have different priorities.

Jan 21, 2017 11:50 AM in response to talk2bilal

Agree with you 100%. A few guys use phone for WhatsApp and WhatsApp call over free wifi, hardly make a call through carrier, even if they do that would be a missed call, then they come up with all these rude responses.

I can't even check my morning calls.

What about that 100mb download limit? Who's Apple to decide how much I will download over cellular data? Utter nonsense I would sa

Jan 21, 2017 11:57 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yeah! That's correct, that's why I said it is a superb phone. What I meant here is these 3 are cons, rest all are pros for me for using iPhone for official use. That doesn't make it a bad phone for official use.

I can't even check my morning call log as I get 150 calls by 5pm, so it is a con for me. My job needs download of more than 100 mb over my sim, i have unlimited data here. Hope it clears now

Jan 21, 2017 12:20 PM in response to MeBJ

MeBJ wrote:

Yeah! That's correct, that's why I said it is a superb phone. What I meant here is these 3 are cons, rest all are pros for me for using iPhone for official use. That doesn't make it a bad phone for official use.

I can't even check my morning call log as I get 150 calls by 5pm, so it is a con for me. My job needs download of more than 100 mb over my sim, i have unlimited data here. Hope it clears now

I understood your post. And that it sounds as if the iPhone doesn't meet your needs.

If you're in the U.S., get a Google Voice number and give that out as your business number. It will keep all your calls listed. It's also much easier to block calls and you can use customer voice mail. My favorite feature, when someone calls my GV number, I have the option of sending it to voice mail but listening in. I can break in at any time.

Always pick the tool that best meets your needs.

Best of luck.

Oct 11, 2012 4:03 PM in response to jessenia

I need to be able to easily track call history longer than a few days! My iPhone has 64GB of capacity, I don't mind if I use a little of that space to log a month worth of calls or more (500-1000 calls would be good and would not use much memory). For business reasons, I sometimes need to look back a few weeks to verify when or how many times I have called someone or when they last called me, etc... Back in the old days when I had a Blackberry, it would track call history for as long as you wanted to set it up for. I had my Blackberry set for 90 day history which was about perfect. If anyone has a solution (outside of using a third party phone app) I'd appriciate it. Thanks!

Oct 11, 2012 7:51 PM in response to Builder1

The iPhone cannot do what you are asking, and there's no way to make it. However, your carrier has an app that will let you see all of your calls for the previous 18 months, date, time, incoming or outgoing, geography and duration. And their web site will also export the call records in a form that can be imported into any of the many database apps available for the iPhone. As sberman said, just above your post.

call history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.