Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does the screen of my iPad bounce when viewing Ebay? it wont lt me scroll/brose but keeps bouncing back to a different positio.

why does the screen of my iPad bounce when viewing Ebay? it wont lt me scroll/brose but keeps bouncing back to a different positio.

iPad 2

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:28 PM

22 replies

May 10, 2012 5:48 PM in response to LindaJust

I don't use eBay, but I just went to the site - using Safari on my new iPad - and I have absolutely no problems at all with the screen scrolling or the screen jumping around.

Try this and see if it helps. Clear Safari.

Go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data or Cache. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

May 24, 2012 8:42 PM in response to LindaJust

I think this has more to do with the speed in which some webparts load on the page. I have noticed a stutter from time to time when scrolling on paged with a ton of graphics or pictures. Yet other times super smooth. It's the only thing I can think of because it's inconsistent. I have gone weeks without a stutter than it rears it's ugly head.

May 24, 2012 8:47 PM in response to Dragon4486

for me, it dies not matter which page you try to scroll in Ebay. Just scrolling a page to look at the different items. so it could be page 3 or page 6 that it happens. you can try to sneek up on it , try to trick it to let you change pages, but it will begin to hang back to the middle of the page. you are not in control. tried another shopping site and it did not do it. just in ebay. adjusting your speed of scroll makes no change. Really aggravated with this.

May 25, 2012 6:45 AM in response to Demo

Whew! I tried this, and it seemed to work for a few minutes. Unfortunately, when the IPad came back on, I had to put in Apple ID and password again, and it rejected mine, which I wrote down. I contacted my husband in Spain to see if he knew what my password etc. was, since he syncs it with his IMac.... Needless to say, I have been unable to get ICloud or anything requiring a password. Finally was able to change both the ID and password. But because of that I couldn't respond to you. Thanks so much for your help. I does make sense to clean up cookies, etc. once in a while.

I think I will have to break down and use the App. I just like having easy access thru Safari, and not having to shut down screens and reopen when I am on Facebook, Ebay or Hotmail. sounds like the App will not have this problem. But thanks again.

May 25, 2012 7:56 AM in response to LindaJust

Just a quick bit of info that you may know already.

If you don't like to leave Apps to go to other apps do this.

if you are in Facebook or any other app for that matter and you are using ebay app. just use the 4 finger swipe to go to the other apps. it's super fast and much faster than opening safari to use ebay and waiting for it to load. the app doesnt have those load times. hope that helps.

May 30, 2012 8:53 PM in response to LindaJust

Called eBay about iPad hanging during search. No helped . Difficult to get to tech help and was ignored. Been playing with issue to see if I could narrow down the issue. On my ipad2 , and whether I use eBay app or safari, I can scroll unlimited, however, if I choose an item, and further the search for more details etc. , and return to previous search, wha mo it hangs and there is no other trick but to shut down and restart. Interesting that eBay tech did tell me they were working with solving some issues. Maybe this is one of them. So I will search eBay on my iMac. I did all of your suggestions, and no help. But thanks for the effort.

May 31, 2012 7:47 AM in response to kwings

I have been waiting for a more detailed issue.

If you go into settings, safari.....do you have open in a new tab checked? If not put a check in the box.

I have checked eBay over and over and today you mention you had to click "details" ......I don't have to click that, it comes up in the window. When I tap an item that item opens in a new tab for me. I checked landscape and portrait and no issues either way. I tried logged into eBay and not logged in.

Let me know if that does anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.