Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I downgrade from iOS 6.0 to the previous version?

I am having many problems with iOS 6 that I didn't have before downloading it...

How can I go back to the previous version?

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 4:33 PM

56 replies

Sep 20, 2012 4:52 AM in response to zargoth123

I upgraded to iOS6 yesterday. it is good and fast, but Apple MAP is not standing anywhere near the Google MAP.... you can only locate TajMahal or India Gate ..... but I am not going there evey day so useless for me...... Search is worst in Apple MAP not even close to Bing ...... ... If you able to locate any place (by Luck) Apple MAP will not show you direction ...... It is of no use in India....... I hope that i can downgrade to 5.1.1 .....

Sep 20, 2012 11:28 AM in response to Phantasma

Thank you, and I agree. We should not have to deal with non-functional products if there is the option of downgrading avaliable.

I followed the steps in the link you posted, and everything happened in the order it said it would... but when I went to restore the iPod, it is still making me use iOS 6, any suggestions?

How do I downgrade from iOS 6.0 to the previous version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.