Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to ios 6 , now i cannot access my router homepage from safari 192.168.1.1

Hi all

I dont know if anyone noticed this

after i have updated to ios 6 , i cannot access my router's homepage when i type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar

I use this alot and everything was ok on ios 5 ...

I tried with 2 different routers and it doesnt work.

I tried resetting safaris data and cookies ... nothing

Any help will be welcomed 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 2:03 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2012 3:46 PM in response to Raffi007

Ditto

Using iPhone 4 8gb & iPad 2 64gb

iPad 2, since iOS 6, can not access netgear router home page nor login to my CROSSWAVE hot spot home page. After iOS 6 update, it couldn't even see or connect to my mobile CROSSWAVE hotspot. I had to access the CROSSWAVE hotspot via a pc to change connection setting from "manual" to "on demand". The difference being, that manual requires a "login page", as opposed to "on demand" which connects automatically(no login page). In fact, since iOS 6, I can not log on to any wifi that requires or popups a "log on" or "ToS" or "connect" page.

iPhone 4 issues since iOS 6. After several hours of trying different things I can now log on to my CROSSWAVE wifi personal hotspot. Can not access my home wifi or router at all anymore. As with iPad 2, in order to connect iPhone 4 to CROSSWAVE hotspot I had to change the hotspot setting from "manual" to "on-demand". As for my home wifi, it no longer shows up I the list.

Before I tried on my own, I called apple tech support first. Had me change settings in iPhone & iPad. Nothing worked.

Tech then placed me on hold to get some help from a senior tech. Came back with one last tip, which didn't work & said he wished he had better answers for me. ???

After trying different settings here's what I got as of right now.

iPad2 can connect to both home wifi & CROSSWAVE mobile hotspot. It can NOT access the netgear router at all. It has limited access to the mobile CROSSWAVE hotspot router homepage, shows you the basic info but if I want to make setting changes i have to logon using a user name & password but it just keeps sending me back to the basic information page. Further more, in order to connect to CROSSWAVE hotspot at all I had to change the connection setting from "manual" to "on-demand" via a pc. As I stated earlier, the difference being that "manual" requires a "logon" or "connect" page first. As for local free hotspots, it connects then drops them instantly.

iPhone 4 will only connect to CROSSWAVE mobile hotspot when CROSSWAVE set to " on-demand". As for local free wifi hotspots I can forget about it. Some of them no longer show up in the list the rest connect & then drop the connection instantly.

Oct 9, 2012 11:47 AM in response to Raffi007

Interesting, as I never really attempted to get into my router from my iPhone. I have a Linksys WRT160N, iPhone 4S on iOS 6. I just tried to access it and I get an error message in Safari, "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server." Wonder why that is? I had not tried it before so I cannot say it worked before, but it definately isn't working now. I'll have to do a little research on this.

updated to ios 6 , now i cannot access my router homepage from safari 192.168.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.