Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini charge until 80-90 percent and it won't charge and the charger gets very hot. why?

PLS HELP

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:19 AM

29 replies

Apr 28, 2013 8:19 PM in response to kai cheng

Just an update, I managed to charged full 100% using my 5w iphone5 charger!!

The battery was running at 2% before charging. It takes 3.5 hrs for a full charge. The other charges will stop after 3 hrs at 90%, any range from 2% to 15% before charged.

So it seems like not all chargers can charge ipad mini. So far I tested 4 iphone charges at the same location only 1 can charge to 100%.

I have noted somewhere from another forum commented that Emerson charges can charged to 100%. I have tried 2 Emerson charges but only 1 can charged to 100%.

Not sure exactly what is causing this... Now at least I have only 1 5w charger that works for my ipad mini. Of cos, the other 10w ipad2 charger can charge mini to 100%.

My iPad mini charge until 80-90 percent and it won't charge and the charger gets very hot. why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.