Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 missing podcast list in Music app

Did it get moved anywhere? It's referenced in Settings (Lyrics & Podcast Info), but it's not showing up in the actual Music app.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 11:45 AM

59 replies

Sep 18, 2013 2:57 PM in response to athos-mn

I have the same question too.

The podcast app is not included as standard either under ios 6 or ios 7. I have never used it and never want to use it.

I want podcasts as part of the music app so I can continue to listen to playlists on the phone with both audiobooks and podcasts. I can see no way of doing this either in music or in the podcast app (I dl it just to see and then deleted it.)

Sep 18, 2013 3:57 PM in response to therealcmj

with IOS6 if you deleted the Podcast apps you had them back in the music apps and you could continue to mix audiobooks and podcasts or genre music compilations and genre music podcast in the same thematic playlist.

It seems not possible anymore with IOS 7. I removed the podcast apps and shut don't my Iphone but in the opposite of what happened with IOS6 the odscasts have not come back...

If anybody find the solution please help me.

Sep 18, 2013 4:02 PM in response to therealcmj

Thank you for your reply therealcmj.

Yes I could see my itunes playlist in the podcast app before I deleted it but my problem remains the same.

It seems complete nonsense that I cannot have a playlist - in whatever app that Apple want me to use, I am not fussy - that lets me listen to a podcast and then listen to an audiobook in iOS 7 without having to pick up the phone and change apps - when the self same playlist was created in itunes on a mac where you can listen to playlists with mixed audiobooks and podcats.

Sep 19, 2013 5:10 AM in response to therealcmj

Yes and also the "time out" fonction, very usefull when you listen to your podcast when you go to bed 🙂

But why losing something? why not having the best of both world, or at least a choice?

I can't run anymore with my podcasts,

I have to "re-type" all my musicall podcasts to music to be able to listen to them as the great compilations (mix tapes) they are,

and above all when I drive listening to documents on History, I have to change every time from podcast to music and music to podcast because some are Audiobooks and Others are Podcasts. And now I can't do it anymore from the integrated car controls but I have to take me Iphone in my hands and Search while I am driving. Not very safe, is it?

Do the people that developped the Podcast Apps and the Music Apps really use it?

I don't know, maybe they are separated teams and do not communicate. maybe they think Podcasts is just Radio Replay, maybe they didn't figured out that the Podcasts things they helped to create is so much more and more innovative that they imaginated. I do not know but at the end of the day it bothers me and make me feel that apple is a company looking at the past and not seeing how what they have done has changed the way we consume content or learn things, a company that used to break frontiers and now wanti to put things in small boxes. :-( Or maybe I am just becoming more exigent from them...

Sep 19, 2013 5:51 AM in response to therealcmj

therealcmj said:

One thing the Podcast app has that the old Music app didn't is 1.5x and 2x speed playback for video.

That is a nice thing, but they could have done that in the Music app too. It would be quite useful for those of us who want to zip through the fat-lady-sings part of an opera.

There is a clear failure of vision here on the part of the app designers. They have lapsed into Microsoft-think of viewing stuff from the suppliers point of view rather than from the consumers point of view.

As consumers, what we see is a bunch of stuff we can listen to - music (without the fat lady singing, of course), audio books, podcasts. We want to create a custom delivery channel (aka playlist) that will pay audio for as long as we want to listen.

Someone at Apple who is obviously deaf since birth and very intrigued by taxonomy has decided that podcasts are nothing, NOTHING, like music. Totally unrelated. You mix podcasts and music in the same app and people will just get confused, ring the Apple help desk, and complain. Or something.

iOS 8 will have a Rap app. Anything classified as rap is clearly unrelated to other, normal people's music. And the player can only live in the last page of apps. With the Classical app. And the Gospel app. And Curntrey We-astern. Prog Rock. Any any singer who died at age 27...

I don't know what kind of wrong-think process resulted in the split of audio content into two immiscable pools, but they need to find the perps, make them pack up their wind-up toys and novelty coffee mugs, and march them out the door.

Bad Apple. Rotten Apple!

iOS7 missing podcast list in Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.