Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMAC (Sierra) cannot upload/download Notes to iCloud suddenly

Until one day ago, all was working to exchange Notes between iPhone and iMAC. Then suddenly iMAC cannot upload notes to iCloud, the upload wheel never stops. I checked iCloud, notes all there, looks like all settings OK. Then worse, on iMAC all notes gone. On iPhone all OK but cannot get the latest updates from iMAC. Did a desktop restart, no use. When I open on iMAC iCloud and Notes, I see all notes. I can type text but not insert attachment (picture or word docx). On iMAC settings, iCloud, Notes are "on".

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 9:59 PM

Hi. There has been many people with Sierra and High Sierra having issues with iCloud the last few days. You can read through the threads to get an idea of whats been happening.

Read this thread and try the solution. It's been working for many others, maybe it will work for you too.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253811711

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 9:59 PM in response to GilbertVK

Hi. There has been many people with Sierra and High Sierra having issues with iCloud the last few days. You can read through the threads to get an idea of whats been happening.

Read this thread and try the solution. It's been working for many others, maybe it will work for you too.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253811711

Apr 10, 2022 10:01 PM in response to GilbertVK

GilbertVK Said:

"iMAC (Sierra) cannot upload/download Notes to iCloud suddenly: Until one day ago, all was working to exchange Notes between iPhone and iMAC. Then suddenly iMAC cannot upload notes to iCloud, the upload wheel never stops.[...]"

-------

Getting A Successful iCloud Sync:

A. Restart your Modem:

Power off your modem for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. It may take up to 5 minutes for all to successfully reset.

B. New iCloud Session:

Log Out of iCloud on your Mac, and then log back in.

C. Disable/Enable Notes:

On both devices, fist enable Notes in iCloud. Once both have Notes disabled, enable notes on both.

Apr 27, 2022 6:57 AM in response to GilbertVK

Hello,

it looks like Apple has got their sync problem with the Notes sorted.

In the meantime the synching of Notes between my different devices is back to normal and working properly. Also the "lost" Notes on some devices are back since the sync problem got resolved.

I do find it annoying that despite this obvious outage of the sync service the status page (on the Apple website) indicated the iCloud synching as being "okay" (green dot) and working normally.

Also I am not aware of any communication by Apple explaining, or at least acknowledging, this problem. So again, as a 40+ years user of Apple products I have been completely left in the dark. Sigh. One get's used to this shrewed attitude.

iMAC (Sierra) cannot upload/download Notes to iCloud suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.