Dead Pixel Macbook Pro M3 PRO

Hi, I bought my macbook pro m3 pro over a month ago and this dot appeared in the screen. Is this a dead pixel, should I be worried?

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 10:46 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2024 10:40 PM in response to leroydouglas

I’ve always been told Apple has a zero dead pixel policy nowadays. As I understand they used to have a “cluster requirement” for repair/replacement years back but that’s since been changed.

OP I hope you went to Apple for support on this. I could understand if Apple wouldn’t help if this happened years down the line with no AppleCare. But since you just got this you’re even more in the right in seeking repair. You’re within the limited warranty and as long as there’s no physical damage they should help out.

Don’t let anyone tell you it’s not noticeable enough. You paid serious money for this and you will notice it every time you look at the screen. Take it to an Apple Store they’ll have options.

Mar 13, 2024 10:56 AM in response to lmpico

lmpico wrote:

Hi, I bought my macbook pro m3 pro over a month ago and this dot appeared in the screen. Is this a dead pixel, should I be worried?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/de39f582-808a-4cb7-bb9f-ce19d62e399d

I would not be concerned. At a realistic scale hard to believe it interferes:

Apple is not going to entertain a single dead pixel as an issue for a warranty repair.

However a cluster of dead pixel is an issue yes.

You want to take it in — go ahead if it makes you feel better.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If this is a brand new Mac, you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Apple - Legal - Sales Policies - U.S. Retail Sales

Your 90 days of complimentary telephone support begins on the date of purchase.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Dead Pixel Macbook Pro M3 PRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.