Daily Crashes

Hi, I was hoping to get some help. My 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.4.1) is crashing just about once a day. It suddenly freezes for a few minutes, then restarts with a loud fan sound and the error message displays. I ran an EtreCheck and have included the results.

It seems as though this is being caused by a kernel panic. Is there a way to differentiate between a hardware or software failure? I'm hoping it is something not requiring a trip to the Apple Store, as I live in South Korea and there are no stores anywhere near me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2024 10:32 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2024 2:44 AM in response to itzRadarDan

itzRadarDan wrote:

Hi, I was hoping to get some help. My 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.4.1) is crashing just about once a day. It suddenly freezes for a few minutes, then restarts with a loud fan sound and the error message displays. I ran an EtreCheck and have included the results.

It seems as though this is being caused by a kernel panic. Is there a way to differentiate between a hardware or software failure? I'm hoping it is something not requiring a trip to the Apple Store, as I live in South Korea and there are no stores anywhere near me.

<EtreCheck Results 5-10-24.log>

Sorry to report.

The immediate issue could be caused by >> CleanMyMac <<

If not caused by CMM, it certainly would be a major contributing factor.

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac

Denoted by the aka " BrickMyMac " moniker need we say more

The steps in #1 below is predicated on the Offending  Application has been Removed as per the Developers Specific Instruction 

# 1 Some Contributors suggest restarting in Recovery Mode and choosing to Reinstall the Operating System over the existing installation. 

This may or may not replace elements of the Home Folder ( User Account )  and replace any corrupted or removed elements and make things right.

#2 - Then there are Other Contributors ( like myself ) would suggest  from this link Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon.

For Intel computer >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac followed by How to reinstall macOS

Thereafter to start from scratch and install all Required Applications directly from the Apple Apps Store or Directly from the Developer.

If going this route - I suggest Not using Startup Assist to migrate things back as this will probably Re-Introduce the existing  issue at the time TM Backup was made 

Daily Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.