Problem Validating 15.7.7 Update on iPhone 7

Can’t use cellular until update completed. My phone won’t validate due to an error message re: no Internet connection, even though I am connected. I’ve tried turning things off/on, update is still stuck.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 5:01 PM

Thanks for reaching out PinkLadyJane,

You mentioned that cellular services are not usable until the update is completed, and that you are seeing a message that you are not connected to the internet. We can help.

Let's go ahead and try using a different internet connection if the Wi-Fi network you're using is not working. If you find that other Wi-Fi networks also do not work, you can Update your iPhone or iPad using a Mac or Windows PC instead:

If the update doesn't appear on your device, use your computer to update your device manually. Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 5:01 PM in response to PinkLadyJane

Thanks for reaching out PinkLadyJane,

You mentioned that cellular services are not usable until the update is completed, and that you are seeing a message that you are not connected to the internet. We can help.

Let's go ahead and try using a different internet connection if the Wi-Fi network you're using is not working. If you find that other Wi-Fi networks also do not work, you can Update your iPhone or iPad using a Mac or Windows PC instead:

If the update doesn't appear on your device, use your computer to update your device manually. Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Problem Validating 15.7.7 Update on iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.