Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina 13" Bootcamp Install just sits at "Getting ready"

I just purchased this Mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina 13" and am trying to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp. The first thing I did when I got the machine was do a clean install of MacOS, made sure it was up to date then ran the Bootcamp application.

I created the USB disk using the Bootcamp application. I have tried multiple versions of Windows 10 ISO's (the most recent from Microsoft' website, and 1607 from a third party website) and both sit at the same step of "getting ready" with the windows install spinner running infinitely. If I let the install run overnight it freezes at some point in the night at the same screen. I have also tried the installation with different drive storage for the Windows partition, up to and including 200 GB of the 256 GB drive.

I really need Windows 10 to run on this machine for certain applications. Are there any workarounds I am missing?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 10:53 PM

I actually don't know! I opened up the device to clean out dust and re-paste and everything looked to be about the same age, but I wasn't given much information for this Craigslist purchase.

I was able to resolve the initial Bootcamp issue though by going all the way back to an ISO with Windows version 1509. The "getting ready" stage only lasted a few minutes as expected, then from there I was able to update Windows all the way to current release (a dozen or so restarts later, of course!).

All is well now and am thrilled with this machine.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 10:53 PM in response to Loner T

I actually don't know! I opened up the device to clean out dust and re-paste and everything looked to be about the same age, but I wasn't given much information for this Craigslist purchase.

I was able to resolve the initial Bootcamp issue though by going all the way back to an ISO with Windows version 1509. The "getting ready" stage only lasted a few minutes as expected, then from there I was able to update Windows all the way to current release (a dozen or so restarts later, of course!).

All is well now and am thrilled with this machine.

Mid 2014 Macbook Pro Retina 13" Bootcamp Install just sits at "Getting ready"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.