Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OLD migrated applications

In the past when I have changed computers, Apple has been able to migrate all my apps along with my documents and files even tho the applications are quite old and I do not have the original disks any longer. My own migration to this new MacBook Air leaves me with question marks where most of my my applications should be in the dock and the inability to access most of my files. Yikes. No way can I afford to buy all these programs new just to access these documents. Talking about things like Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional. Dropbox. iPhoto, iWeb, Skype 2. Any advice? Thanks, Sue

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 7:31 PM

iPhoto has been replaced with the new Photos app and iPhoto will no longer work. The first time you launch Photos, it will ask if you want to import your iPhoto Library. A new Photos Library will be created from it. You can get rid of the old iPhoto Library.

iWeb is gone, having been discontinued a decade ago. Apple gave us about a year advance notice that any websites hosted on iWeb would need a new hosting service.

As for the other applications, you will need to contact their respective developers: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support. Most of those companies are going to want you to pay for updated versions of their products. If you are not willing to do that, there are a number of alternatives for each one of them. Some are are free. Many are better.

The app icons in the Dock with slashes through them (or question marks) can just be dragged away from the Dock: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 7:31 PM in response to snorris3

iPhoto has been replaced with the new Photos app and iPhoto will no longer work. The first time you launch Photos, it will ask if you want to import your iPhoto Library. A new Photos Library will be created from it. You can get rid of the old iPhoto Library.

iWeb is gone, having been discontinued a decade ago. Apple gave us about a year advance notice that any websites hosted on iWeb would need a new hosting service.

As for the other applications, you will need to contact their respective developers: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support. Most of those companies are going to want you to pay for updated versions of their products. If you are not willing to do that, there are a number of alternatives for each one of them. Some are are free. Many are better.

The app icons in the Dock with slashes through them (or question marks) can just be dragged away from the Dock: Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support.

OLD migrated applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.