Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 8 & Pro Tools HD Hardware

It says in the manual that in order for me to use Logic Pro 8 with my HD Accel 3 hardware I have to use Pro Tools HD 7.4. That would be fine, but PT 7.4 doesn't EXIST.... Am I missing something here?

G5 Dual 2 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.9), HD Accel 3 Hardware

Posted on Sep 16, 2007 4:33 PM

40 replies

Sep 16, 2007 5:48 PM in response to muso4hire

Well, I can't find it. I remember he said it was working fine under PT 7.3.1.

I assume it would work under Core Audio using the Digi hardware, just not the DAE or DTDM features. If you're new to Logic then the Core Audio will be enough to get you up and running.

Just from reading the manual the DTDM features don't seem to be any different than earlier versions. I was hoping for more surround support, but I guess I won't really know until I test it what is and is not possible. Currently I run ProTools on a MacPro and Logic on a G5 and link them with MTC, and I can always keep this approach if I find it's more flexible.

Sep 16, 2007 7:48 PM in response to JMDNYC

So does this mean that the new Logic will run just the same as 7 using the Digidesign Core Audio driver until they get the TDM thing figured out? I am really confused by all of this. I have an HD 3 rig and really want to upgrade my Logic 7 to 8 but don't understand the TDM thing. I am reading it's not compatible with TDM hardware until Pro Tool 7.4 which isn't even out yet? Can someone please clarify all of this? Thanks.

Sep 16, 2007 8:17 PM in response to JMDNYC

Thanks very much for looking into this! I really appreciate the help and input.

So, my $25,000 worth of TDM plug ins are not useable? I admit I'm really new at Logic, and love the concept of being able to run my TDM plug ins and the Logic plug ins at the same time, just need to figure this out... I will get this working and post a solution... eventually...

Sep 17, 2007 9:48 AM in response to v7

I have it running fine with my HD3 setup and PT 7.3.1 on my G5 PPC. Apparently you'll need PT 7.4 if you have a MacPro.

By using DAE and Direct TDM as the audio engines, you can use the Logic plug-ins and the TDM plug-ins. It's a little complicated figuring out the signal routing at first, but it works.

Sep 17, 2007 12:04 PM in response to v7

As I understand it you can run core audio, the issue is running TDM plug ins with intel macs and Logic Pro 8. My initial frustration was that I couldn't use my TDM plug ins, but after reading the forums and some more trial and error with my G5 PPC I think for now I'll be OK. I just got the program yesterday myself so I am trying to figure things out as I go too... sorry you're having a rough time, guess we'll all learn together one way or the other.

Logic Pro 8 & Pro Tools HD Hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.