Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drivers for Dell 1320c Color Laser

Can the drivers be downloaded? The Dell download site offers only Windows XP driver downloads for this printer. The Dell guy (sorry I buy Dells for my workplace) said it would work with a Mac if I downloaded the drivers.

Thanks,

Steve

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Oct 3, 2007 7:37 PM

25 replies

Oct 30, 2007 6:25 PM in response to Direwolf94

To talk to a networked Dell 1320c Color Laser Printer using OS X 10.4 follow these steps.

Download the driver for the DocuPrint C525 from here: http://www.fujixerox.com.au/support/drivers/307
Double click the icon to install after it downloads. When the install is finished you can delete the installer.

From the Apple menu open *System Preferences* and select *Print & Fax*.
Click the + to add a printer.
Select *IP Printer*.

Select for the Protocol: *Line Printer Daemon - LPD*
Type the IP address: 192.168.1.177 or whatever it happens to be assigned you network. +You may need a Windows machine to configure an IP address OR you can look at your routers DHCP table for where it was assigned. After you know this you can actually log into the printer from your web browser to change any settings.+
Name the printer "*color laser*" or whatever you'd like it to be.
For *Print Using* select: FX
Next select *FX DocumPrint C525 A-AP v1.2* in the box below.
On the next screen +you must+ select *250 Sheet Feeder* is as an option. *Otherwise it will only manual feed.*

Click Ok.

Print something.

*Paper Source is not automatically selected on this printer.* It won't print unless you set it. This is found in the printer options called Printer Features. The paper should menu should be set to Auto or 250 Sheet Feeder.

Do a Save As... for the Printer Profile. So you don't have to check this every time the set that Profile as the Default.

*The steps for OS X 10.5* are nearly the same. The difference is that you don't have to download the driver from the website.

Apr 9, 2008 3:12 AM in response to JeffKasper

hi there!

i got the same problem: an iMac and a Dell 1320c printer which doesn´t work! i connected it over usb.
i tyed all the sollutions with other drivers.. but i dont´t have a network-card in the printer. so i´m used to connect it wiht usb.

is there a new solution out there. would be nice 🙂 i have to print for my work

Drivers for Dell 1320c Color Laser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.