Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSync 3 : list of compatible phones

Hi,
I couldn't find any list of the new compatible phones since iSync 3 on Leopard.
I am particularly interested to now if the Samsung J600 is now compatible.
Anyone knows where I can find that list ?
Thanks.

Posted on Oct 28, 2007 2:14 AM

27 replies

Oct 28, 2007 6:12 AM in response to Julian Wright

Thank you for your answer, I kew about that link of course.
But as you say : it says it's iSync 2's compatible phones.
The fact it's been updated doesn't specialy mean it's about iSync 3, especially as it's written that it's about iSync 2...
I mean that maybe there are a few more phones that are compatible with iSync 2 and even more that are iSync 3 compatible... but how to know about it ?
A good way to know which phones are actually compatible would be to make a list from the directory : /Applications/iSync.app/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/ PlugIns/ (each folder has the name of a compatible phone.)
If someone who has Leopard installed could do that, it'd be great.

Oct 28, 2007 6:34 AM in response to CCharless

To add more phones to iSync 2 they would've had to issue an update to it - they haven't. The current version is still v2.4. So Apple's page is wrong.

Here's the list of new phone plugins from inside the Leopard iSync 3.0

Nokia-6126.phoneplugin
Nokia-6133.phoneplugin
Samsung-X820.phoneplugin
SonyEricsson-W300.phoneplugin
SonyEricsson-W850.phoneplugin
SonyEricsson-Z610.phoneplugin

Only six 'new' (actually quite old) phones since iSync 2.4

So, Apple's list of iSync Compatible Devices is up-to-date as of iSync 3.0 - but they've forgotten to update the text so say the list applies to iSync 3.0 not 2.4.

Nov 7, 2007 10:33 AM in response to Julian Wright

Hi Julian,

I have installed the plugin but still encounter the error below:

[P990i] Connection to the phone failed.
Please make sure that your phone is turned on. If this error occurs again, please restart your phone.
Device “P990i” synchronization failed.

When i look at the bluetooth preference i can see that the Paired section showed a key symbol. Is this indicating that its locked?

please help me.

Nov 7, 2007 11:13 PM in response to Julian Wright

Julian:

Just for the record, the obvious 'incongruities' on that page have been pointed out to Apple, and the matter forwarded to Marketing for corrective action.

Marketing. Who knew?

I also asked them to add links for Feisar, Nova Media and SONY Ericsson plugins, in the manner they currently do for Nokia and for the Missing Sync product line. We'll see what happens…

Nov 10, 2007 9:29 AM in response to Julian Wright

I've tried looking for the latest firmware for my phone (P990i) but could not get the mac version.

I have just browsed through Google but only i can only find this info:

"With the new year comes along new firmware for Sony Ericsson P990i owners. This new version is known as "R4A13" and is claimed to offer approximately 2MB more RAM at boot up: enhanced memory management is a welcome addition to any memory hungry device these days. It is said that this update can be downloaded from Sony Ericsson's Update Service"

which only applicable to Windows.

any idea?

Nov 19, 2007 10:45 AM in response to Zainol

I am having the same problem with isync and p990, am i right in saying that there will be a new firmwire upgrade in beginning of 2008 and this should sort the problem?? if not i think that it may have to be a iphone........but iphone does not seem to have the same function to the p990 standard??

Mar 2, 2008 9:09 AM in response to CCharless

I changed the X820 Plugin from Leopard to a working version for iSync Tiger and Leopard.
For the Samsung J600 and the E210.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96490653/Samsung-J600.phoneplugin.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/96490654/Samsung-E210.phoneplugin.zip.html

Drop them in the Package folder of iSync:

/Applications/iSync.app/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/P lugIns/

Cheers
Erwin

iSync 3 : list of compatible phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.