Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From Palm Treo to iPhone

I've been a loyal Palm user until the iPhone was invented. I would love to buy an iPhone, but how do I transfer all my contact information from my Palm Treo to the new iPhone. Typing all my contact information in manually has kept me from buying an iPhone yet. I'll be at an Apple store tomorrow, If there is a way to solve this issue. Any ideas?

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 3, 2007 12:00 PM

22 replies

Nov 3, 2007 12:12 PM in response to bbdrag0n

I used palm software for years prior to my Iphone. Used the software below, converted to Outlook quickly. Make sure you have 2003 or 2007 Outlook for it to sync. Notes, To Do does not sync. I took my notes, password list etc. and made contacts A1 passwords, A1 To Do, etc. Hope this helps

Copy Palm Desktop data into Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and ...
Will PocketCopy work with my device? YES. It doesn't matter what kind of new device you have. The only requirements for PocketCopy are that your data be in the Palm Desktop Software ...

www.chapura.com/pocketcopy_details.php

Nov 7, 2007 5:05 AM in response to bbdrag0n

I searched the web for a software program that would convert Palm software entries to Outlook easily. In reading reviews the software link below was the recommended choice by many. Downloaded software, cost I believe was around $30. Once converted to Outlook synced to Iphone easily since that is the only way to load info onto Iphone. Entire process went real smooth with this software. Real happy with changeover to Iphone. A few things to get use to but overall I like many features of the Iphone over Treo's. I had 3 different Treo's over 5 years

Nov 15, 2007 2:28 PM in response to aglick

i went from a TREO 650 to Iphone just last week. I was using Missing Sync for Palm so my contacts/calendar events were already synced to my Mac's address book and calendar. The only thing I couldn't move over were my memos. Unfortunately, the iPhone's Notes program isn't like the Treo's Memo.

Macworld had a suggestion (I haven't had the chance to do that yet):
"Sync Notes One of the major limitations of the iPhone’s Notes application is that you can’t sync it with data from any program on your Mac. There’s a workaround, however. Each contact has a notes field. So you can create a fake contact and paste any info you like in the notes field for that contact in Address Book. One sync later, all that information will be at your fingertips."

http://www.macworld.com/2007/10/secrets/nov07mobilemac/index.php

Nov 20, 2007 11:19 PM in response to Ansuz82

Hi,
I've spent a decent amount of time searching the net for this.
Can't find and answer yet, so figured I'd start a thread about this
Not sure where, but ppl here are quite familiar using treo 650 et al.

Scenario
Had 2 treo 650 (me and ms)
Got 2 iphones, terribly missing PIM software todo, memo, password manager etc (will have to wait for that)
Want to transfer contacts to new phone
I have a lot of rich info there, especially custom categories
Able to get it to work, but not cleanly (not showing categories etc)

I know itunes can sync contacts from outlook, windows address book and yahoo mail

So I tried these combos
export from palm ->yahoo->iphone
outlook ->iphone

Its not showing the categories in iphone or other stuff I have there

I've simplified what I've done, csv files, vcf files, editing headers, etc

Anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Gideon

Dec 26, 2007 9:36 PM in response to Ansuz82

hi,

well I successfully exported all my contacts and calendar from Palm into v-cal files. they exported perfectly into i-cal.

but palm wont let me export v-cal for my notes and to-dos!
so i cannot import them either.

is this where missing sync for Palm might help me?
or is there another way to get around this dilemma?

PS- has anyone tried Missing Sync for iphone? is it neccesary?

thanks,

Al

Dec 27, 2007 5:49 AM in response to bbdrag0n

I was also a long term Palm user.

It took a little experimenting but I did it. You have to click the contact and drag it into the address book while it was open. I finally did a "select all" and it dragged everything. Both Palm and Address book need to be open at the same time

I'm doing the same thing with my calendar but it only takes one drag at a time

Dec 27, 2007 9:31 PM in response to bbdrag0n

I have treo that I sink to outlook via pc at work and at home during long vacations (I'm a teacher) to a mac via palm software. This allows me to keep my personal & work info on just one calendar and always upto date. I just bought an iphone and have not syncd it yet. Will the iphone be able to sync to my pc outlook and also to my mac? Or do I have to choose between the two?

Dec 30, 2007 9:37 AM in response to Ansuz82

I hope this worked for you. Everything works perfectly for me, switching from the Palm E2 into the iPhone. There is just one problem, and I wish Apple would fix it. Did you have a lot of memos? I have a huge number of items under memos, and I think they belong in iPhone's NOTES, but don't know how to get them there. A temporary fix is that I copied them and pasted them into the To-Dos of the CALENDAR. But I don't like that solution very well. Any suggestions? APPLE, if you are reading this, please consider a way to enter notes on the computer that will sync into the iPhone. Thanks.

From Palm Treo to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.