Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone + Samsung WEP-200

I have a Samsung WEP-200 that I previously used on another handset with no problems. However when I try to pair it up on my iPhone it just says "discovering" and never passes that screen. I've read here that it might be the 1.1.3 firmware update. Others have said that they have had success after restoring their phone. Still others have said that they had to exchange their iPhone. Can anyone confirm that this headset works with the iPhone?

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jan 22, 2008 8:31 AM

21 replies

Mar 23, 2008 8:42 AM in response to dpolishsensation

I found this bit of advice on CNET.com and it worked for me. I set the IPhone to discover with my WEP200 powered off. Held the power button down for 8 seconds and it paired up. Simply turning the WEP200 on was not enough for it to pair with the IPhone. Hope this helps.

The headset operation is a little tricky at first: you have to hold the button down for four seconds to turn it on, and for 8 seconds to pair it with a phone. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but pairing isn't something you'll have to do regularly.

Aug 6, 2008 10:05 AM in response to robliphone

thanks for the reply; it will not route calls through the headset nor will it activate the headset when i initiate the call... i'm not sure what else to do

i know the headset works as i tested it out last night

would doing a "restore" work?

i may bring the phone back to the store i purchased it from and see if they can help me 😟

thanks

iPhone + Samsung WEP-200

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.