Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motorola razr2 V8

Another request for apple to add the V8 to iSync. It is extremely frustrating, Motorola support don't seem particularly interested.

MacBook 2.16Ghz Intel core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2GB memory

Posted on Feb 14, 2008 5:43 AM

33 replies

Feb 23, 2008 4:43 AM in response to Chillerdiem

Hi,
I am facing the same problem. Surprisingly, I couldn't find any plug-ins on net.
Tried using Apple isync plug-in maker, couldn't make it work.
Any idea for Using this tool with Motorola Phones? Additionally, I tried to copy a Motorola KRZR plug-in from isync. I am unable to edit it under Plug-in Maker.
Incase some one has any idea, p.s. reply.
Thanks,
Bharat

Jun 18, 2008 4:19 PM in response to Russell Clarke

I already owned the Razr2 and like it just fine: it does everything I want it to do and does it ably enough.

...and then I purchased a new mbp and I can only get it to communicate via bluetooth - exchanging files at a rate of about a file a minute! ugh. I also can't believe (won't believe) there isn't a fix somewhere and will also keep checking back for an answer/solution (that doesn't involve buying another phone).

Someday, maybe, I'll get an iPhone - but it won't be with AT&T!

Jun 18, 2008 4:28 PM in response to AlbertOMG

To say Motorola are not interested is an understatement!

I just got a blunt email back from their so called support dept saying that they do not support macs and to contact mac support.....

Pathetic.

I am also having problems trying to connect my powerbook G4 to the internet using the V8 GPRS mode. At the moment I am in touch with Ross Barkman of Taniwha, who writes mobile modem scripts. He has kindly sent me some useful information and has offered to look at some logs if I send them to him. He may then be able to modify a modem script to make it work correctly. Fingers crossed and if I get it sorted I'll post a reply back on this thread.

Cheers Russell F

Jun 19, 2008 7:39 AM in response to Russell Clarke

Well, we all know that apple is about as nice with playing with others as a hungry lion; I actually didn't think that motorola would come up with the answer. I thought, given the relatively small community around macs, that an answer would come about quickly from apple themselves or another user.
The thing that gets me is this: isync recognizes my phone. That is, it'll show me a picture of it and tell me what it is - but it just won't talk to it. Something tells me that if can recognize it at all it shouldn't be too hard to see it as another drive. An ex-gf bought a macbook last year and I was able to connect my phone to it via USB with no trouble at all.

I'm going to hold on this one and start bothering apple myself next - it can't be this difficult.

Jul 3, 2008 3:15 PM in response to Chillerdiem

Nothing yet from anyone else. I haven't time to work further on it. :o(
This is ridiculous. I have figured the following out, however:

The computer will see the memory associated with the phone but not the memory listed as "extended memory". Now, the V8 is a 2 gig phone but that's not all regular phone memory. Essentially, it seems all Motorola (or TMobile) did was solder a sd card into the phone so, even though you can't access or change it, it's recognized by the phone as something other than an inherent component. It seems, of course, that the mac sees it the same way and doesn't want to read it. Why not? Why won't it show what's on it since it's already noticed it there? I don't know.
Unfortunately, the actual "phone" memory is not all that big at all but I can move files from my phone to my mac by taking the files (pretty much one at a time - I take long video with my phone) from the Extended Memory folder and putting them into .

Anyway, so that's one fix - kinda. It doesn't help me organize my files with my computer and still ***** but at least I can move some off of the phone and not have to use the slower Bluetooth method.

Jul 3, 2008 3:24 PM in response to AlbertOMG

I'm still trying things courtesy of Ross Barkman.......
He had a look at some logs and sent me a new script for the V8 which looked at first as though it would connect. It got a lot further down the path, but alas still disconnected after a little while.
He then sent me some info to poke around in the Terminal. Unfortunately this has not yet worked either yet, but I have not given up and am still hopeful of a modem connection even if we have to wait forever for Apple to support it with isync (if ever!).
I will report back if a fix is found for using it as a modem.
Cheers Russell F

Sep 3, 2008 12:13 PM in response to Frank Welte

I've been keeping up with this thread (RSS feed) and I'm saddened each week when, again, there's nothing from Apple about how to fix. I mean, 'cmon, having to move stuff to my PC at work and then to a thumb drive then to home to move to the mac - this isn't really how I imagined life would be on planet Leopard.
...and, no, I'm not switching to AT&T and buying an iPhone.

Motorola razr2 V8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.